The Territorial Defense Forces published in social media more photos from the Polish-Belarusian border, where the situation was exacerbated in connection with an attempt by migrants to cross the border by force. “We are staying at the station” – ensure the territories on Twitter. Earlier, the police posted a video showing the barbed wire and the encampment of people on the Belarusian side of the border.
On Monday evening, the Territorial Defense Forces thanked the employers of Territorial Defense Forces soldiers for their understanding on their official Twitter profile. “Delegating your employees, and our soldiers to serve at this time, is your contribution to the security of our state” – emphasized in the entry.
Late in the evening, the Territorial Defense Forces assured them that they “remain at the station”. “We are awake” – added in the next entry.
Earlier on Monday, the police published recordings from border areas on social media several times. She also informed that she had repulsed the attempt of “the first mass break of the border and an aggressive, forceful invasion of the territory of the European Union”.
Tension increases at the border
According to information from Polish authorities and services, as well as videos posted by them on social media, from Monday a large group of migrants gathered on the border between Belarus and Poland, near the Kuźnica Białostocka-Bruzgi border crossing, attempting to cross the border by force.
The Ministry of National Defense said that afternoon that a massive attempt to cross the border had been stopped. The resort documented this with a video shared on social media. The Border Guard, in turn, announced that from Tuesday border traffic is suspended until further notice at the crossing in Kuźnica.
Due to the escalation of the situation, the crisis management team was held with the participation of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, and then President Andrzej Duda. Government spokesman Piotr Mueller said that there are 3,000 to 4,000 migrants near the Polish border.
Marshal of the Sejm Elżbieta Witek in the message she said that “the largest attempt to date by unlawful, mass and force violation of the integrity of the eastern border of Poland and the European Union has begun”. An additional session of the Sejm was called on Tuesday, November 9.
State of emergency
Since the spring, the number of attempts to illegally cross the Belarusian border with Lithuania, Latvia and Poland by migrants from the Middle East, Africa and other regions has increased sharply. The European Union and the Member States believe that this is the result of the deliberate actions of Alyaksandr Lukashenka’s regime, which instrumentally uses migrants in response to sanctions.
Since the beginning of the year, the Border Guard has recorded – as he claims – over 30,000 attempts to illegally cross the Polish-Belarusian border. Recently, there have been attempts to forcibly enter the territory of Poland by foreigners grouped by the Belarusian services abroad, as well as provocation by these services.
Since September 2, due to the migratory pressure, a state of emergency has been in force in 183 localities in the Podlaskie and Lubelskie provinces adjacent to the border with Belarus. A dam is to be built on the border with Belarus in the first half of 2022.
When reporting on the events at the border, the media can use almost exclusively official government recordings and information. Journalists have no access to the area under the state of emergency.
Main photo source: Twitter / T Terrialsi