Antoni Macierewicz has to collect all his things by midnight. He has to leave the building, but if he doesn’t leave it and wants to sit there, let him sit there. We are not a coalition that will settle anything by force, said Włodzimierz Czarzasty, deputy speaker of the Sejm and co-chairman of the New Left, in “Fakty po Faktach”. By the decision of the new Minister of Defense, the Smolensk subcommittee was liquidated. On Monday, Macierewicz quickly called a meeting.
Minister of Defense Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz on Friday overturned the decision establishing a subcommittee for re-examination Smolensk disaster. Members of the dissolved Smolensk subcommittee have a deadline on Monday to settle all documentation and real estate.
The head of the subcommittee, Antoni Macierewicz, does not want to abide by the decision, stating that the body will operate until August 2024. According to information from TVN24, on Monday Macierewicz quickly convened a meeting at the subcommittee’s headquarters at Kolska Street in Warsaw.
Czarzasty: We are not a coalition that will solve anything by force
Deputy Speaker of the Sejm Włodzimierz Czarzasty was asked in “Fakty po Faktach” whether he thought Macierewicz would like to be taken out of the building where the liquidated subcommittee was located.
– I have bad news for Mr. Macierewicz, no one will force him out. Today, by midnight, because he was supposed to do it today, he has to take away all his things, laptops, tissues that are his property, or things that he has in his drawers. He has to leave the building, but if he doesn’t leave it and wants to sit there, let him sit there, he said.
– We are not a coalition that will solve anything by force – he added.
Czarzasty said that “the soldiers who are in this place are under the authority of the Ministry of National Defense.” – Therefore, no one will fight with him. We are too serious to just drag him out in front of people, he added.
Czarzasty: We will look at what the commission did and hold it accountable
He announced that the ruling coalition would “take a very hard look” at what Macierewicz and the commission he led did.
– We will settle the accounts, see how much it cost and hold people responsible for wasting money – said the deputy marshal.
– If Mr. Macierewicz thinks that the coalition that is currently in place will manage our country, Poland, through conflict and through such spectacular things, of which he was a specialist (…), it will not be so – Czarzasty emphasized.
– Would you like to sit there during Christmas Eve, please? Would you like to wish yourself a New Year’s Eve? “Come on,” added Czarzasty, directing his words to Macierewicz.
Czarzasty on the case of bringing Glapiński before the State Tribunal
Czarzasty was also asked whether there was a political decision to have the president of the National Bank of Poland, Adam Glapiński, appear before the State Tribunal.
The Deputy Marshal said that “there will definitely be a request for Mr. Adam Glapiński to appear before the State Tribunal.”
– A decision has not been made yet, but I think this decision will be made – he added. – There’s a reason. This bonus paid to Mr. Adam Glapiński, in my opinion, is another element of the arrogant scandal that is happening around Mr. Glapiński, who, as the head of the National Bank of Poland, should build the state’s trust in this institution – said Czarzasty.
On Saturday, Paweł Mucha, member of the NBP management board, revealed on social media the resolution of the NBP management board from 2019 regarding awards for the top management of the central bank. “The awards of the President of the NBP are for the first quarter – 3 times, for the second quarter – 3.5 times, for the third quarter – 4 times and for the fourth quarter 4.5 times the monthly remuneration calculated as an equivalent for holiday leave” – reported on website X, making the texts of resolutions available.
When asked about the application, Czarzasty said that the ruling coalition “has not yet made a decision as to when this will be implemented.” – We have to sort it all out – he added.
Main photo source: TVN24