The number of victims of Saturday’s Russian attack on a block of flats in the village of Czasiv Yar in the Donetsk region has increased to 48, the deputy head of the office of the president of Ukraine Kyryło Tymoshenko announced on Thursday. The operation of the emergency services, which have so far been searching for the debris, has been completed.
Tymoshenko informed about the completion of works and the balance of deaths on his Telegram channel. Time and Jar was fired upon on Saturday evening. The shells fell on a five-story apartment block. 48 people died, including an approximately 9-year-old boy. Over 320 employees of the State Emergency Service (DSNS) participated in the rescue operation. During the search and rescue operation, 525 tons of rubble were thrown from the collapsed building.
On Tuesday, emergency services reported that the bodies of 43 victims, including a nine-year-old boy, had been pulled from under the rubble.
The State Emergency Service said earlier that the Russians probably used four Iskander short-range ballistic missiles in the attacks on Czasiw Jar. Initially, local authorities assessed that these were Uragan missile systems.
Volodymyr Zelensky: anyone who gives such orders kills knowingly
Authorities in Kiev said after the attack that it was yet another war crime committed by the Russians. – Anyone who orders such firing, and anyone who makes attacks on ordinary cities, residential districts, kills completely deliberately. After such shelling, the Russians will not be able to say that they did not know or understood something, stated the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, in response to the event.
Main photo source: facebook.com/pavlokyrylenko