Five people with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, including four children, were transported to a hospital in Toruń on Friday evening. The apartment has already been ventilated and the firefighters’ operation has ended.
According to the officer on duty from the Provincial Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Toruń, on Friday evening in a residential building at ul. A high concentration of carbon monoxide was found on Konwaliowa Street.
The dispatcher informed that five people, including four children, were taken to the hospital from a residential building in Wrzosy, Toruń. The incident took place before 7 p.m.
– There were four children in the apartment under the supervision of one adult. One fire brigade took part in the operation. Three ambulances were dispatched to the scene, the dispatcher said. He had no information about the condition of the injured people.
The high concentration of carbon monoxide was most likely the result of a leak in the gas furnace. The apartment has already been ventilated and the firefighters’ operation has ended.
Main photo source: Shutterstock