6 C
Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Two-year-old dies from brain-eating amoeba | US Information

Must read

- Advertisement -

A two-year-old boy has died from a brain-eating amoeba in Nevada.

Woodrow Bundy died from the Naegleria fowleri an infection on Wednesday, his mom mentioned.

The boy is believed to have been uncovered to the lethal amoeba at a pure scorching spring.

Woodrow fought for seven days, his mom Briana wrote on Fb.

“He’s my hero and I’ll eternally be grateful to God for giving me the goodest child boy on earth, and I’m grateful to know I’ll have that boy in heaven sometime,” she mentioned.

- Advertisement -
Naegleria fowleri attacking the mind. Pic: iStock

Naegleria fowleri – a microscopic single-celled amoeba – lives in soil and heat contemporary water, the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioural Well being mentioned.

It infects individuals by getting into the physique via the nostril and travelling to the mind, the place it causes a severe an infection that destroys mind tissue and is nearly all the time deadly.

Signs start with a extreme headache, fever, nausea and vomiting, earlier than progressing to a stiff neck, seizures and coma, resulting in dying.

4 out of 157 individuals contaminated with the amoeba within the US have survived since 1962, in accordance with the Centres for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC).

It recommends individuals keep away from leaping into our bodies of heat contemporary water and keep away from placing their heads underwater in scorching springs.

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article