Mateusz Morawiecki, Jarosław Kaczyński and Denys Szmyhal – after the Polish-Ukrainian intergovernmental consultations in Kiev – spoke at a joint conference on the cooperation of both countries. – We came to a deep conviction that we needed cooperation to build a relationship between our nations – said Kaczyński. The Ukrainian prime minister announced that eight documents have been signed in various spheres, including defense and military matters. Earlier, President Volodymyr Zelensky decorated the Polish Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister with the Order of Jarosław the Wise.
On Wednesday in Kiev Polish-Ukrainian intergovernmental consultations chaired by the prime minister took place Mateusz Morawiecki and the prime minister of Ukraine Denys Szmyhal. Poland is the first country – since the beginning of the Russian invasion – to meet the Ukrainian government in such a formula.
The prime minister on a crime that is “practically silent”
In the afternoon, the heads of governments spoke at a joint conference together with the head of Law and Justice, the deputy prime minister Jarosław Kaczyński. – The Ukrainian people show great courage and determination. He fights for independence, not only for his own, but also for the safety and peace of others. We feel it very deeply, we understand it – said Morawiecki. – We have been in such a situation many times – he added.
He also expressed his condolences to the families who lost their loved ones. In this context, he noted that June 1 is Children’s Day in Poland and Children’s Protection Day in Ukraine.
– As I think on that day that at least 250 children were murdered, died under the rubble, were raped, killed, deliberately shot by brutal Russian forces, not only tears come to the eyes, but the whole heart is crying – admitted Morawiecki. – The West must listen to the voice of Ukrainian children. It’s time to wake up, take responsibility and act like adults. We can help Ukraine, he stressed.
The Polish Prime Minister also spoke about the deportation of Ukrainians deep into Russia. He recalled that “in our history we have had decades of deportations to Siberia, deep into Russia for many generations”. – As a result of our uprisings, our fights, but not only. This criminal practice should be strongly stigmatized, and has not yet been stigmatized – he stressed.
The tvn24.pl report: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. 98th day
– The entire international community, if it wants to be considered free, democratic, law-abiding, should speak out much more loudly for those Ukrainian citizens who have been deported deep into Russia. This is a unique crime. A crime that is practically kept silent in Western Europe, the Prime Minister pointed out.
Morawiecki and Kaczyński decorated with the Order of Jarosław the Wise. Memoranda were also signed
Denys Szmyhal reported that the president of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky honored Morawiecki and Kaczyński with the State Order of Jarosław the Wise, second class. – The president awarded our true friends, our brothers for constant help both before and after the war – he said.
Szmyhal also informed about the signing of eight documents in the spheres of energy, military and defense, cross-border and customs cooperation, environmental policy, regional policy, the reconstruction of Ukraine and cooperation in the field of national remembrance. – Recommendations for the creation of a joint Polish-Ukrainian enterprise producing weapons, military equipment and supplementary equipment will be prepared, announced the Ukrainian prime minister.
– This will take our cooperation to a new level and allow for the creation of modern types of weapons – he admitted.
Mateusz Morawiecki said in turn that these documents “constitute a vestibule for a completely different cooperation”. – Until now, Ukraine has not had cooperation with any other country. They may be the starting point for the new Polish-Ukrainian treaty, which we will discuss in the coming weeks, months and quarters – he described.
Kaczyński: victory will come
Jarosław Kaczyński at the conference pointed to the opportunity to build a strong relationship between Polish and Ukrainian nations and states. He assured that during the talks “we were reaching agreement everywhere (in this matter)”.
– What is more, we have come to common beliefs, we have come to such a deep conviction that we need cooperation to build this relationship between our nations. A relationship that is supposed to have a really powerful foundation. The history was different, it was often really difficult, but today there is a full chance to create something completely new, a new quality not only in relations between our countries, but perhaps also in European relations, and thus also in European geopolitics – he described.
Kaczyński also informed about the talks conducted “in various configurations”, which concerned current affairs, which – as he said – “are the most important for today, about matters of war, weapons supplies, various necessities related to it, about needs, about various difficulties “.
– It was a conversation between friends and allies. The conversation, which I am deeply convinced of this, will go down in our common history, and which will be considered a very important step in the direction that we all care about, assured the head of PiS.
During the talks – as he continued – words were said of “great respect for the leaders of Ukraine, for the president, for the prime minister, for the entire team that almost 100 days ago made a historic and extremely brave decision.” – This victory will come. I am deeply convinced of this – said Kaczyński. He ended his speech with the words: “Long live Ukraine, free and victorious Ukraine! Long live Poland!”.
Main photo source: president.gov.ua