3.4 C
Sunday, February 25, 2024

USA. A Florida man is suspected of murdering the mother of his own children and setting fire to her apartment with the children inside

Must read

- Advertisement -

A 34-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a homicide and fire in Daytona Beach, Florida. According to American media, he is suspected of killing the mother of his children with a knife and then setting her apartment on fire. One child died in the fire, the other two are fighting for their lives in hospital.

Firefighters from Daytona Beach, Florida, were called shortly before midnight local time on Tuesday to a fire at an apartment on Beville Road. According to a report cited by FOX 35 Orlando, the apartment was “completely engulfed in flames, with thick clouds of black smoke coming from the windows and doors.” After entering, rescuers found three children, aged 10 months and 4 and 5 years, all in critical condition. The youngest’s life could not be saved, the older ones are currently in a hospital in Gainesville, connected to breathing equipment.

According to the services, there was also the body of a woman in the apartment, whose death was confirmed on the spot. She is 30-year-old Den’Jah Moore, a mother of three. According to the media, she had multiple stab wounds.

SEE ALSO: Shooting during a Halloween party. At least two people are dead and dozens are injured

- Advertisement -

Florida. Arrested for murder and arson

According to FOX 35, detectives initially wanted to contact 34-year-old Charles Ivy, who – as the portal writes – is the father of at least two of the children, to notify him about the fire. However, several attempts were unsuccessful. When they pulled up to his Ormond Beach home, they saw him loading suitcases into his car. They stopped him a few blocks away, the portal reports.

Ivy was jailed without bail. Jakari Young, the local police chief, quoted by Newsweek says that there is no clear motive for the murder and arson yet, and the investigation is ongoing. He added that the man pleaded not guilty, but investigators had footage from road cameras showing the suspect leaving the scene around the time the fire broke out. He also had the victim’s phone with him.

In an interview with the portal, the commander emphasized that the detained man “deserves a special place behind the gates of hell.” The police chief, who has been working at the local police station for 22 years, adds that this is the most terrible crime he has dealt with in his entire career.

SEE ALSO: They killed a snake that weighed nearly 90 kilograms

Main photo source: Shutterstock

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article