Police officers of the Central Police Investigation Bureau from the group of “shadow hunters” determined the whereabouts of nine wanted people. Among the detainees was a 28-year-old wanted by the Warsaw prosecutor’s office, who often changed his place of residence. He was finally arrested at the airport. A man who hid on the roof of one of the buildings in Warsaw also fell into the hands of the police.
Spokeswoman of the Central Police Investigation Bureau subinsp. Iwona Jurkiewicz reported that one of the “shadow hunters” detained is 28-year-old Alan O., who was wanted by the Warsaw-Praga District Prosecutor’s Office in Warsaw. – According to the findings of the police officers, the man often changed his place of residence, hiding in Germany or other European countries – she explained. She added that the man was detained at Warsaw’s Okecie airport when he arrived from Switzerland.
– Paweł D. was wanted on the basis of an arrest warrant issued by the Warsaw-Praga District Court in Warsaw. The man hid from the policemen on the roof of one of the buildings in Warsaw. The CBŚP policemen, in cooperation with the officers of the Warsaw Targówek District Police Headquarters, detained the wanted person – emphasized the spokeswoman of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
– Tomasz Sz. was arrested in Mazowsze, wanted on two warrants to be placed in a temporary detention center for 14 and 90 days. The man was wanted on suspicion of participation in an organized crime group whose members were involved in drug crime. He fell in the area of the West Warsaw district – she said.
– 54-year-old Romuald R., wanted by the policemen of the Management Board in Łódź of the Central Police Investigation Bureau on the basis of an arrest warrant issued by the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in Łódź, fell at the petrol station located at the MOP “Góra Świętyej Anny”, on the A4 motorway, in connection with suspicion of participation in an organized criminal group and committing penal and fiscal crimes, the policewoman further informed.
This is not the end of the detentions. – The information obtained by the policemen from the shadow hunters group and the Board in Katowice of CBŚP showed that the wanted Mateusz J. ps. Matys is hiding in Croatia. He was prosecuted on the basis of the European Arrest Warrant issued by the District Court in Cieszyn, on suspicion of murder and participation in an organized criminal group. CBŚP officers, through ENFAST, systematically provided the information collected on an ongoing basis regarding the exact place where the man was hiding to the Croatian law enforcement authorities. As a result of international cooperation, Croatian officers detained the wanted Mateusz J. – she noted.
The sub-inspector emphasized that thanks to the information provided by the CBŚP, also through ENFAST, to the Dutch services, 41-year-old Piotr K. was detained in the Netherlands – The man had been wanted for several months on the basis of the European Arrest Warrant issued by the District Court in Gdańsk, in connection with suspected of participating in an organized criminal group and committing drug offences.
– Also the European Arrest Warrant, this time issued by the District Court in Opole, was the wanted 35-year-old Łukasz P. ps. “Guru”. The man was prosecuted on suspicion of leading an organized criminal group whose members were involved in smuggling, production and trading in significant amounts of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, she said. Thanks to the cooperation of “shadow hunters” m.in. with the Czech criminal police, “Guru” was detained in Prague, Czech Republic.
Wanted on suspicion of homicide
Another detainee was Jarosław J. – wanted on the basis of an arrest warrant issued by the Lower Silesian department of the National Prosecutor’s Office in connection with the suspicion of homicide. – The man was detained in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship together with his friend, who was accused by the investigators of helping the wanted person to hide – she noted.
In turn, in Spain, Ryszard M. was detained by the local police, wanted on the basis of an EAW issued also by the Lower Silesian department of the PK. – The man was prosecuted on suspicion of committing homicide and participation in an organized criminal group of an armed character – she said.
– Extradition proceedings have been initiated against persons detained outside our country – added the spokeswoman of the Central Bureau of Investigation
Main photo source: CBSP