5.7 C
London
Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Warsaw. Covid beds at the Southern Hospital. How many respirators?

Must read

- Advertisement -


260 covid beds are available for patients at the Southern Hospital. According to the town hall, forty of them are respirator beds.

According to the town hall, mainly unvaccinated Mazovian residents are hospitalized in the Southern Hospital. Currently, the facility has already prepared 260 places for the treatment of patients infected with coronavirus, including 220 standard beds and 40 ventilator beds. Another 10 are already prepared.

– Warsaw regained the South Hospital at the end of August this year. At that time, there were over a dozen patients in the hospital. Our primary priority was to prepare the facility as best as possible for the next wave of the pandemic. We have done a titanic job and currently have 260 beds in the hospital to treat patients, including 40 ventilator beds. We have also prepared another 10 beds with respirators, which means that we will have the largest branch in Poland equipped with these devices. We are also making efforts to hire the necessary medical personnel – said Renata Kaznowska, deputy mayor of Warsaw.

How many beds are already taken?

According to the data as of Thursday, October 21, 234 patients are accommodated in 260 beds in the Southern Hospital, and 37 out of 40 ventilator beds, where people with the most severe form of COVID-19 will go. As Vice President Kaznowska noted, the data from the Southern Hospital clearly show that most of the patients treated there are unvaccinated residents of Mazovia. Importantly, 90 percent of the deaths recorded at the facility are from unvaccinated people. The remaining 10 percent. applies to vaccinated but additionally burdened people. That is why I emphasize: the COVID-19 vaccine increases the chances of survival enormously – emphasized the vice president.

- Advertisement -

The President of Warsaw, Rafał Trzaskowski, appealed for vaccination. – Warsaw has one of the highest vaccination rates. We already have over 68 percent. fully vaccinated inhabitants, i.e. over 1.2 million people. As specialists are alarming, the fourth wave of the pandemic is just starting, so I appeal to all Warsaw residents to take care of yourself and get vaccinated as soon as possible. In the vaccination points against COVID-19 launched by the city, you can get vaccinated immediately, without prior appointment, said Rafał Trzaskowski, Mayor of Warsaw.

Warsaw has launched almost 80 vaccination points, including four general vaccination points, holiday points, and outdoor points during festivals and concerts. The capital city also runs a campaign to vaccinate students, organize smear points where COVID-19 tests can be performed and conduct information campaigns for residents.

To prepare the South Hospital for the fourth wave of the pandemic from the government agency (RARS), a portable dissecting room was delivered to the facility, which was previously used by the Ministry of Interior and Administration Hospital. – May we not have to use it – sums up Renata Kaznowska.

Main photo source: City Hall



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article