The 38-year-old who attacked a woman at the Powiśle train station last weekend was charged with another sexual activity. The man had previously been noted. On Wednesday, the court will consider the application for his temporary detention.
– The investigation conducted on the events on the night of May 26-27 in Warsaw concerns an act under Article 197, paragraph 2 (it is about causing another sexual act – ed.) – Prosecutor Szymon Banna from the District Prosecutor’s Office in Warsaw told PAP. – Currently, the suspect Rafał B. has been charged with committing two such acts to the detriment of two women – he added.
The incident took place last weekend, on the night from Saturday to Sunday. – At night, literally a few minutes after midnight, on the stairs from the ticket office of the Powiśle station to the platform (in the direction of Praga), a man attacked me. He grabbed me at the platform level and tried to pull me towards the park (there is a “terrace” connecting the platform stairs with the parallel stairs from the bridge to the park). I was really close to holding on to the railing and the wall and screaming as loud as I could. People scared him away, and finally he let me go – wrote a resident of the capital over the weekend on social media.
“He had a previous record for other sexual activity”
Information about the assault was sent to the police officers from the Warsaw Railway Police Station. – Officers quickly located the place where the incident took place. They also secured the monitoring system, which showed the image of the perpetrator, Sylwester Marczak, spokesman for the Warsaw Police Commander, told PAP on Monday.
The superintendent then added that the police detained a 38-year-old man in Powiśle just after midnight on the night from Sunday to Monday. – At the same time, on Monday, a victim appeared at the Warsaw railway police station, who reported the matter in question – said the policeman.
According to the police, the arrested man had a history of similar crimes. – He was previously noted for another sexual act, Marczak said.
Prosecutor Banna announced on Tuesday that an arrest hearing in the case of Rafał B was scheduled for Wednesday morning at the District Court for Warsaw Śródmieście. Investigators want him to wait behind bars for the trial.
The police appeal to other victims in a similar way to report to the nearest police station.
Main photo source: Dawid Zuchowicz / Agencja Gazeta