The Warsaw Council decided to grant the status of parks to the areas in Ochota and Targówek. As officials assure, it is about expanding green zones in the city.
According to the town hall, the capital has been working for several years to provide the city with as many green areas as possible. Every year new trees and shrubs appear, parks are created and modernized. A month ago, the city authorities decided to create the Golędzinów Natural Park, which is to be the largest such area in Warsaw. Soon, two new parks will join this group – in the vicinity of Dworzec Zachodni and at S. Wiechecki Square “Wiecha”.
New parks in Warsaw
The green area, which will officially become a park, is located within Bitwy Warszawskiej 1920 r., Kopińska and Aleje Jerozolimskie streets. In 2020, the district completed an investment, thanks to which this place has become richer, among others for a fountain, playground and inline skating paths. The greenery was also put in order and supplemented.
In order to commemorate the Posseltówien sisters, who were involved in teaching during the partitions and the German war occupation, the area is to be called the Park of Five Sisters.
The park in Targówek will cover the area of Kołowa, Handlowa, Ossowski and Prałatowska. It is already a place with arranged greenery, with alleys, landscaping, playgrounds, fountains and an outdoor gym.
We also informed about design of a “natural park” on the wild bank of the Vistula:
Main photo source: Shutterstock