The vice-president of Warsaw, Renata Kaznowska, announced that the Provincial Administrative Court had annulled the decision to appoint a government representative at the Southern Hospital. The city applied for the suspension of the execution of the decision of the Minister of Health, Adam Niedzielski.
“The judgment of the Provincial Administrative Court annulled the decision to appoint a government representative in the South hospital. I had no doubts that this would happen, both in terms of the legal and substantive level. And the hospital is already recording multi-million losses and is empty” – wrote the vice-president on Twitter Kaznowska, who in the town hall is responsible, among other things, for health-related issues.
In an interview with the Polish Press Agency, the vice-president added that the decision was made last Thursday. The case was heard in camera, and the city is waiting for the judgment to be substantiated. – We have also submitted a motion to suspend the execution of the minister’s decision and now we are waiting for a justification – in order to find out whether the court in this judgment also suspended the execution of the decision. If so, regardless of whether the appeal will be or not, the hospital is to come back to us – she explained.
Kaznowska: the hospital cannot fail to bring losses with nine patients
As she pointed out, on Monday there are nine patients at the Southern Hospital – seven on regular beds and two on ventilator beds. – It generates huge losses. The plenipotentiary applied to the owner, i.e. the mayor of the city, Fr. capital injection of the company in the amount of PLN 20 million by the end of the year, expecting such losses. But the hospital cannot fail to bring losses, having nine patients, because it means that it has a very small contract with the National Health Fund, and the maintenance of the hospital and staff costs money, ‘said Kaznowska.
Let us recall: the company Solec, managing the Southern Hospital, had previously responded to the town hall’s allegation of mismanagement. – I have the impression that the authorities of Warsaw do not want the Southern Hospital, but more press conferences. It won’t get us anywhere. I recommend urgent verification of the information received and the sources of obtaining it to the President, said Ewa Więckowska, the representative of the board of the Solec Hospital.
She also denied the city authorities’ allegations that the hospital was empty: – In four months, the hospital provided assistance to almost 56,000 Warsaw residents, hospitalized 740 patients and thus relieved other hospitals during the pandemic wave, where at its peak it had 250 beds ready. We had nearly 10,800 patients in the last month.
Trzaskowski: We are dealing with extreme mismanagement
A temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients has been operating at the Southern Hospital in Warsaw since February 15. The order to create it was issued by the Masovian Voivode, Konstanty Radziwiłł. At the end of March, at the request of the voivode, the Minister of Health, Adam Niedzielski, issued a decision on the introduction an attorney to the company Szpital Solec which manages the Southern Hospital. It was Dr. Ewa Więckowska, the former president of this company, which at the end of February, after more than seven years of president, resigned from her position.
Warsaw authorities consistently demand that the Southern Hospital be returned to the city. Letters on this matter were sent to the Minister of Health, Adam Niedzielski, and Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. – We are dealing with extreme mismanagement – said the Mayor of Warsaw Rafał Trzaskowski in July.
Main photo source: Artur Węgrzynowicz / tvnwarszawa.pl