Warsaw. Tenement house at Piękna Street in the register of monuments

0
34


Built at the beginning of the 20th century, the high tenement house on Piękna Street was entered into the register of monuments. Due to the fact that the building survived World War II, many elements of its original decor have been preserved.

Marcin Dawidowicz, the Masovian Voivodeship Conservator of Monuments, informed that the entry covered the building and the property area, located at ul. Piękna 47/Koszykowa 64 in Warsaw

He noted that the tenement house is one of the few buildings on the frontage of the street. Piękna, which was not destroyed during the war, thanks to which numerous examples of the original decor have been preserved, including: partially preserved architectural details on the external walls of the building, staircases with cast iron and wooden balustrades, stucco in the form of floral and geometric rosettes in the interior, marble window sills, floors and wooden floors, tiled stoves with glazed colorful tiles with geometric decorations.

The single-yard tenement house with an early modernist facade design was built in the years 1904-1911 according to the design of Henryk Stifelman and Stanisław Weiss for the Colonna-Walewski family. In 1918, the property and the building were purchased by the canvas dealer Wolf Hufnagel, and after World War II it became the property of the State Treasury.

Main photo source: MWKZ



Source link