13.4 C
London
Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Warsaw. The fountain in the Saxon Garden is still closed

Must read

- Advertisement -


The fountain in the Saxon Garden has been turned off since September last year. The water supply was cut off due to the tilt of one of the elements of the monument. The Department of Greens has not yet announced a date for rectifying the fault.

We first informed about the problems with the fountain in the Saski Garden at the end of August last year. Then the water from the cup poured out unevenly. The Greenery Management carried out an inspection, after which it was found that one of the elements is skewed. The fountain has been turned off.

Fountain still off

The method of carrying out the repair work was to be discussed with the monument conservator. On the other hand, the Greenery Board announced that the fountain would be launched in the fall. However, that did not happen. The water fountain was also not launched in the spring of this year. What is happening with the symbol of the Saski Garden?

- Advertisement -

– We are in the process of taking height measurements of the fountain’s cup. In the second week of June, we plan to discuss these results with the Warsaw Conservator of Monuments and specialists working on monuments, informed Karolina Kwiecień-Łukaszewska, spokeswoman of the Greenery Management of the Capital City of Warsaw. of Warsaw. – Only after these consultations will we make a decision regarding further operation and planned works on the fountain – she emphasized.

The history of the fountain

The great fountain in the Saxon Garden was designed by Henryk Marconi, one of the most outstanding architects. He came from Italy, but worked in Poland. The construction of the fountain was built in the years 1853-55. As we read on the website of the Green Board, this two-level, most impressive park water fountain – located in the center of the garden – attracts visitors at any time. It was launched on June 4, 1855 during the official celebrations of the opening of the municipal waterworks in Warsaw.

The fountain is one of the four designed by Henryk Marconi and the only one that has survived from the water fountains that were in operation at that time, located at Plac Teatralny, at Zygmunt’s Column and at the Old Town Square. In 2006-2007 the fountain was thoroughly restored.

Main photo source: Tomasz Zieliński/tvnwarszawa.pl



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article