Good morning and welcome to Fox Information First. Here is what you must know as you begin your day
White Home abruptly cuts feed of Biden mid-sentence as he asks query at wildfires briefing
The White Home abruptly lower the feed of President Biden’s briefing on wildfires with federal and state officers.
Throughout Monday’s go to to Boise, Idaho, Biden obtained a briefing concerning the ongoing wildfires which have plagued a number of Western states. Whereas Biden spoke for a lot of the briefing, at one level he stated he needed to listen to extra from George Geissler of the Nationwide Affiliation of State Foresters.
“Can I ask you a query?” Biden requested.
“In fact,” Geissler responded.
“One of many issues that I have been engaged on with some others is —” Biden stated earlier than being lower off mid-sentence.
The White Home didn’t instantly reply to Fox Information’ request for remark. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In different developments:
– Biden blames Idaho wildfires on international warming
– Biden repeatedly implies he’s not accountable for when, the place he can take questions from the press
– McEnany blasts White Home management: Now we have ‘naive neophytes’ operating the nation
– New York Occasions accused of ‘catering to the Bidens’ after calling Hunter story ‘unsubstantiated’
– Joe Biden’s checkered historical past of race relations uncovered in new guide
AOC wears ‘Tax The Wealthy’ costume at $30K-per-ticket Met Gala
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., wore a white costume with the slogan “tax the wealthy” on the lavish Met Gala in New York, the place tickets go for at the least $30,000 every.
The wardrobe alternative drew a blended response on social media, with some praising Ocasio-Cortez’s message and others questioning whether or not it conflicted with the star-studded nature of the occasion.
Tickets to the Met Gala price at the least $30,000, in response to the Related Press. It’s unclear if Ocasio-Cortez bought a ticket.
Ocasio-Cortez’s workplace didn’t instantly reply to a request for remark.
AOC posed maskless as she arrived, however attendees needed to be vaccinated and have been anticipated to put on masks as soon as inside.
A self-described Democratic socialist, Ocasio-Cortez is likely one of the most distinguished progressive voices in help of President Biden’s $3.5 trillion price range reconciliation package deal. She has repeatedly referred to as for elevated taxes on the wealthiest Individuals to pay for progressive coverage initiatives, reminiscent of climate-friendly infrastructure and expanded entry to free healthcare. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Jennifer Lopez wows at Met Gala 2021 with Western-inspired look
– Kim Kardashian walks 2021 Met Gala in head-to-toe black Balenciaga ensemble
– Kendall Jenner hits Met Gala 2021 crimson carpet in nearly-naked, sheer costume
– Black Lives Matter protesters arrested exterior Met Gala, the place AOC schmoozes inside
GOP congressman erupts at Blinken throughout Afghanistan listening to: ‘We need not hear lies’
A GOP congressman erupted at Secretary of State Antony Blinken throughout his listening to in entrance of the Home Overseas Affairs Committee, saying Congress doesn’t “want to listen to lies.”
Rep. Brian Mast, R-Fla., who misplaced each legs whereas serving in Afghanistan, received right into a heated change with Blinken because the congressman’s allotted time to query the secretary of state drew to an in depth.
Mast slammed the administration’s dealing with of the withdrawal, pointing to Biden’s controversial leaked name with the previous Afghan president, main the Florida Republican to proclaim that he doesn’t “consider a phrase” the secretary was saying.
“I do not need to hear from the secretary,” Mast stated. “He lies to us when he seems earlier than us.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Blinken slammed for testifying nearly: ‘Could not be bothered to come back down right here’
– Hannity torches Blinken congressional listening to: ‘Is it potential for one individual to be that silly?’
– Blinken pressed on allegation Biden advised Afghan President Ghani to lie concerning the battle
– ‘The 5’: Hapless Blinken couldn’t reply laborious questions and ‘defended the indefensible’
– COVID-19 vaccine boosters pointless for many, say FDA advisers reportedly resigning over concern
– Jayapal accused of operating ‘depressing’ workplace regardless of public picture of being a fighter for staff
– Florida police name missing girl’s case ‘odd;’ van discovered at fiancé’s household’s dwelling after couple’s highway journey
– Nicholas upgraded to hurricane because it approaches Texas landfall
– Raiders beat Ravens in rollercoaster time beyond regulation end: ‘This recreation is loopy’
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– FB responds to bombshell report that they do greater than play favorites
– Your knowledge could be exposed when you went to main pharmacy’s COVID testing website
– Adapt or else: Downtown companies cope with new actuality
– Dem Bowman doesn’t rule out killing infrastructure invoice if Manchin does not OK
– SpaceX to make historical past with all-civilian crew mission, Inspiration4
SOME PARTING WORDS
Laura Ingraham famous Monday evening President Joe Biden failed to supply public remarks on Saturday, 20 years after Al Qaeda terrorists attacked America on September 11, 2001.
Not signed up but for Fox Information First? Click on here to search out out what you are lacking.
Fox Information’ Go Watch page is now obtainable, offering guests with Pay TV supplier choices of their space carrying Fox Information Channel & Fox Enterprise Community.
Fox Information First was compiled by Fox Information’ Jack Durschlag. Thanks for making us your first alternative within the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox very first thing Wednesday.