The regulations were created in the Sejm. There is no third or second bottom – said MP Paulina Hennig-Kloska (Poland 2050-Trzecia Droga) in “Fakty po Faktach”, referring to the draft act on freezing energy prices, which also includes regulations regarding wind farms. Katarzyna Lubnauer (Civic Coalition) said that “we are not concerned with what is most important.” She recalled that during the PiS government, “it was practically impossible to build windmills anywhere in Poland.”
On November 28, a group of MPs from Poland 2050-Trzecia Droga and the Civic Coalition submitted to the Sejm a draft amendment to the act on support for energy consumers, extending the freeze. energy prices until June 30, 2024, which also includes provisions liberalizing the construction of wind farms and windmills in Poland.
The proposals aroused controversy, including: from politicians PISwho alleged that the regulations are favorable to large enterprises in the wind energy industry and may be the result of lobbying.
MPs Paulina Hennig-Kloska (Poland 2050, Third Road) and Katarzyna Lubnauer (Civic Coalition) commented on the matter in Monday’s edition of “Fakty po Faktach”.
Hennig-Kloska: The project was created in the Sejm. There is no third or second bottom
Hennig-Kloska, who worked on the proposed regulations, confirmed that the project was created in the Sejm. – There is no third or second meaning – she assured.
– The original designer is civil Platformthen it was consulted at various levels with individual clubs that constitute the parliamentary majority today – added Hennig Kloska, emphasizing that she herself submitted her own amendments and comments to the project.
The MP said that she was not the representative of the applicants, but she signed the project. – Morawiecki’s government has put us in such a situation that for a month and a half we have not had the tools we should have to process this type of bills, so we are working through the parliamentary path to solve citizens’ problems – she said.
“We adopted three groups of amendments”
Hennig-Kloska reported that amendments have been adopted to the project. – Today we worked for a few hours on this bill with lawyers, legislators, including from the Legislative Office of the Sejm and Senate – she said.
– Based on these regulations, there is no possibility for anyone to lose their house or a piece of land, but we also abandoned this provision so that there would be no such interpretation doubts. We adopted three groups of amendments. First of all, we removed this public purpose, it was intended to enable the cable to be freely drawn from the power plant to the grid, and we gave up the path for small home and factory windmills. The third group is for activists, a greater distance from national parks of 1.5 kilometers, but also for Natura 2000 areas and landscape parks it will be the same distance as for single-family houses, she said.
Lubnauer: we are not concerned with what is most important
Katarzyna Lubnauer said that “this project in its original version, the one that actually came from the Civic Coalition, was a project processed through the entire Senate path in the previous term.”
– Therefore, it was consulted very widely, it was a well-known project – emphasized Lubnauer.
– However, for me there is no doubt that we are still focusing a little on what is most important. Because the most important thing, I feel, is that we have a situation in which seven years ago, for purely political reasons, because it was (Krzysztof – ed.) Tchórzewski (Minister of Energy in the PiS government – ed.) (…), was blocked wind farms – she said.
– Back then, the famous 10H Act was introduced, which meant that it was practically impossible to build windmills anywhere in Poland – she added.
Main photo source: TVN24