Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, president of PSL and one of the leaders of the Third Way, confirmed in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 that he will be the first deputy prime minister in Donald Tusk’s future government. – I am the best proof that no temptations, no offers, even the highest ones, can change the decision made by the voters – he emphasized. – We have our division, we have our responsibility. We know how much depends on us, but this is what we agreed on and we will keep this promise, he assured.
Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, who is to be deputy prime minister and minister of national defense in Donald Tusk’s new government, was asked in “Kropka nad i” whether there may be friction in the democratic coalition with a majority in the new Sejm in connection with the controversies related to such called the Windmill Act.
– We have signed a coalition agreement – he emphasized. – I am the best proof that no temptations, no offers, even the highest ones, can change the decision made by the voters – he assured.
When asked from whom he heard the offer of a possible position as prime minister, he replied that “signals appeared from every corner.” – And it doesn’t change anything. Because I know what I agreed to with my voters. I know what mandate we received as Third Way – over three million votes. And this is a great sign of trust, he added. – But Poles voted in larger groups for the Civic Platform. We have agreed on a prime minister who will be Donald Tusk. I will be the first deputy prime minister, Krzysztof Gawkowski from the Left will be the deputy prime minister. The Prime Minister will present the composition of the government during his speech in the Sejm, he confirmed.
– We have our division, we have our responsibility. We know how much depends on us, but this is what we agreed on and we will keep this promise, he assured.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: decisions regarding Poland’s security made after October 15 require full reports
The leader of the People’s Party also spoke about the need to continue some of the activities of his predecessors in areas related to, among others, security.
– I believe – and we talked about this before the elections – that contracts should be continued in two areas – energy security and army modernization. But this does not mean that all decisions that have been made are unconditional. Especially decisions made after October 15 certainly require full reports, said Kosiniak-Kamysz.
– Of course, we do not know all the elements of the contracts that were concluded. So the first task will be to check what is needed, how it was concluded, and why such procedures were used. But in these two areas, in principle, I would like us to continue. Because otherwise we will never modernize and we will not be energy secure, if today we broke contracts or abandoned the philosophy of building a nuclear power plant, or if we stopped modernizing the Polish army and broke off all purchase contracts – continued the head of PSL.
He added that what is done “after losing the elections” especially requires verification.
Kosiniak-Kamysz about WOT: I withdraw the words I said about this formation
Kosiniak-Kamysz was asked about his assessment of the Territorial Defense Forces. The host of the program recalled that in the past, when these troops were formed, he called them “Antoni Macierewicz’s private army.”
– This is where I differ, and probably our political camp, our coalition, differs from those who are in power today, in that we also draw conclusions from the shortcomings that occurred – he said. – I used such words, but what happened and how these troops helped in various actions, for example during the pandemic, various natural disasters, how soldiers who serve in the Territorial Defense Forces proved themselves, I express respect and withdraw from these words. that I said then. And this is the fundamental difference that I have never heard from those currently in power. They were always infallible, they could not verify their choice. This is the change that, in my opinion, Poles really needed, said the president of PSL.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: there will be no expropriation, there will be no distance of 300 meters
The “Kropka nad i” guest also referred to the draft act on freezing energy prices, which also includes regulations regarding wind farms. The proposals aroused controversy, including: from PiS politicians, who alleged that the regulations are favorable to large enterprises in the wind energy industry and may be the result of lobbying.
– The situation is certainly uncomfortable for the camp that won the elections and has not been able to exercise power for almost two months, it has no access to the state structure provided by state offices, i.e. ministries to support ministers, i.e. to a good legislative process – he continued. He added that this situation “results in shortcomings that need to be corrected.”
– There will be no expropriation. There will be no distance of 300 meters (from windmills to households – ed.), it will not be less than 500 meters. And this resulted from consultations that took place much, much earlier, when we were still in the opposition – continued the head of the PSL. Kosiniak-Kamysz emphasized that “there is great will to ensure that there are no increases in energy prices from January 1.”
Main photo source: TVN24