The leader of the Polish People’s Party, Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, announced on Saturday in Poznań that a motion to shorten the parliamentary term was announced. He added that the current government could not go on any longer. MP Mirosław Suchoń declared that the Polish Circle 2050 would support the motion. – Let’s be serious, there are no reasons to shorten the term of parliament – said the spokeswoman for Law and Justice, Anita Czerwińska. Deputy Speaker of the Sejm, head of the PiS club Ryszard Terlecki said that the PSL “is afraid that in two years it will not receive even 3 percent for the reimbursement of campaign costs”.
The president of PSL, Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, said that the idea of shortening the parliamentary term was “a concrete proposal to solve the socio-political crisis in which we have been stuck for several months now”. He stressed that “these will be elections between a rational and a radical Poland”.
– We will submit such a motion for early elections right now, in the coming week. We are aware that during the state of emergency, the parliamentary term may not be shortened, but (…) in a few weeks this motion will be put to the vote. And there will be a clear division: who wants to continue the PiS government, continue to steal the state, be at the manger in an unprecedented way, milk Poland, who is in favor of moving Poland out of the European Union, who will make more and more protests, will defend the ruling majority the politician said.
Kosiniak-Kamysz on the charges against the rulers
Kosiniak-Kamysz exchanged accusations against the current rulers for a few minutes. He spoke about rising prices, ongoing protests of various social groups, the degradation of Polish agriculture, the destruction of education and the inept reform of the health service. He added that the local government community is being destroyed and plundered, and that entrepreneurs suffer from raising taxes. – The New Deal was supposed to be a cure for a pandemic, it became a lethal pill for many Polish small and medium-sized enterprises – he assessed.
The PSL leader also spoke about the unstable situation on the Polish-Belarusian border and the lack of the rulers’ ability to combine humanity with the protection of the Polish border. He stressed that Poland is at odds with the European Union and the United States.
President of PSL on the judgment of the Constitutional Tribunal
– The bitterness of all the events that I have just described, all our accusations, ruling today, are filled with the judgment of the Constitutional Tribunal, and in fact its motion and its consequences about Poland’s progressing divergence from the European Union by the actions of the PiS government – said the politician.
– The majority of society is in favor of us being a strong Poland in a strong Europe. Sovereign, but in communion. A government that has less than 80 percent support, because it actively supports Poland’s presence in the European Union, cannot take such radical decisions, they simply harm Poland. Continuing to stick to them will cause a progressive degradation of interpersonal relations, the breakdown of the national and social community, our conflict with the European Union will deepen, assessed Kosiniak-Kamysz.
According to the leader of the PSL, this government “is not capable of reaching an agreement or cooperation on the international arena”. – It is not able to resolve the conflict with our neighbors, with the Czech Republic, it is not able to cooperate with other neighbors, it has no idea for an eastern policy, it is constantly arguing with the European Union – he said.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: we will do everything to bring the election date forward
According to Kosiniak-Kamysz, demonstrating Poland’s membership in the EU is important, but it has become insufficient. – Rallies of support for the European Union have their importance, but we have been doing this for six years, it is not effective – he said.
– With a sense of responsibility that it cannot continue this way, that simply what is happening in Poland today, this social division and moving us out of the European Union is against the will of Poles, we should change the government. In a democratic country, there is only one way to do it, and we are democrats – as a result of elections. That is why we will do everything we can to hasten the election deadline and lead to a shortening of the parliamentary term, announced Kosiniak-Kamysz.
As he stated, PSL will do everything to select a ruling majority after the elections, which will lead to social peace, give Poland a subjective and permanent place in the EU, protect small and medium-sized entrepreneurs, end and stop the destruction of Polish agriculture, strengthen the local government community and lead to service reform. health.
Kosiniak-Kamysz said that PSL, “as a party with enormous parliamentary experience, in extraordinary circumstances, and such emerged after the ruling of the Constitutional Tribunal, as a party that has the greatest and historical experience in Poland in the Polish parliament, introduced Poland to the European Union and NATO” has the right and duty to “set the goal of the welfare of Poland and its citizens always in the first place, even moving it beyond his own ambitions over his own political plans”.
Mirosław Suchoń: Poland 2050 will support the motion to shorten the parliamentary term
Mirosław Suchoń from the Poland 2050 circle, when asked about the declarations of the president of PSL, noted that the shortening of the parliamentary term is in line with the postulate of Szymon Hołownia, the leader of Poland 2050.
– Hołownia has been repeating for many months that this parliament has lost its democratic mandate to exercise power, among others because the United Right lost a real majority in parliament and today it functions only due to the fact that it buys support in the Sejm in various way, said Suchoń. For other reasons, why the term of parliament should be shortened, he mentioned: “decisions made by the Seym affecting the economic security of Poles”, “decisions fueling inflation” and “decisions making companies lose the ability to function”. As he added, he means changes announced by PiS in the Polish Lada, but also acts introducing further tax increases, “of which there were many”.
– I am glad that the president of PSL, Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, shares our opinion and if there is any motion to shorten the term of office, Poland 2050 will certainly support such a motion – said Suchoń.
Law and Justice spokeswoman: there are no reasons to shorten the parliamentary term
Law and Justice spokeswoman Anita Czerwińska said that if the reason for such announcement is that support for the PSL is brought closer to 0 percent, it is not serious. – The PiS government is effectively leading Poland through crises – a pandemic one, and now on the border with Belarus. It also implements ground-breaking development projects for Poland – she assessed.
She argued that the economic results put Poland in the position of one of the leaders in the European Union, which – she stated – was confirmed by independent institutions. – Let’s be serious, there are no reasons to shorten the term of parliament – said Czerwińska.
According to her, perhaps the announcement by Kosiniak-Kamysz is “a nervous reaction to the PiS convention for the Polish countryside“Our solutions for farmers support them and give them the certainty of subjective treatment and the fight for their equal treatment in the European Union,” she said.
Ryszard Terlecki: PSL is afraid that in two years it will not get even 3 percent
The head of the PiS club, deputy speaker of the Sejm, Ryszard Terlecki, commented on the announcement of Kosiniak-Kamysz on Twitter. “PSL wants to shorten the term of office? Yes, it is afraid that in two years it will not get even 3 percent for the reimbursement of campaign costs. Tusk also talks about earlier elections? Yes, because in two years the voters will be asking: who is Tusk?” – he wrote.
The Sejm may shorten its term of office by a resolution adopted by a majority of at least two-thirds of the votes of the statutory number of deputies. Shortening the term of office of the Sejm means a simultaneous shortening of the term of office of the Senate.
Main photo source: Wojciech Olkuśnik / PAP