The president of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation, Jerzy Owsiak, inaugurated the printing of cans for collecting money as part of the 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. – I believe that times will come again when our work will have a concrete impact – he said during a press conference. – We said that we wanted to win against sepsis and chase away this evil. We won, he noted.
Head of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Foundation Jerzy Owsiak on Thursday, he took part in a press conference in Łódź, inaugurating the printing of orchestra cans. The goal of the 32nd Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity Finale is: “Lungs after the pandemic. We play for children and adults!”, and is accompanied by the motto: “Everything is OK here!”.
Owsiak: we did something extraordinary
– 32 years ago, we invited Poles to a crazy idea to raise money for one device: a heart-lung machine for the Children’s Health Center in Warsaw. We couldn’t imagine then that we would be where we are today, Owsiak said at the beginning.
The head of the WOŚP Foundation announced that 1,685 orchestral staffs in Poland and around the world are registered for the upcoming finale. – We have beaten the magic number “100”. We have 101 headquarters outside Poland. We will play at the North and South Poles. At the North Pole we will play with white bears, at the South Pole – with seals. There are Poles there, there are our crews working bravely and researching. They will also support the Final spiritually, he announced.
– During these 32 years, all of us, Poles, have done something extraordinary. We haven’t changed, we still invite you to play together. We still want to play with everyone. We will not ask you about your views, religion or colors. We will ask you one thing: whether you want to play with us. If so, great. If not, don’t bother, Owsiak appealed.
Head of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity: we are the best in the world in hearing tests for newborns
The Head of the Orchestra announced that he would play for everyone during the 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. – Last year it was sepsis, this year it is post-pandemic lungs, also among adults – he added.
Owsiak recalled that over seven million children have already been tested as part of the newborn hearing testing program. – We are the best in the world at this. This is a great program that works 100% for our money. We will not give this program to anyone, to any ministry, because we are afraid that if the ministry takes it, a department with 40 people will be created and everyone will go on vacation one day, he said.
Owsiak argued that even the smallest amount, one zloty thrown into a can, is of great importance to the Orchestra and allows for further activities.
– We are in Łódź. The money collected comes back to you. The money you put in at the Łódź headquarters, during all the events that take place here, comes back to you, to your hospitals – Owsiak pointed out. He recalled that the staff registered in the Manufaktura shopping mall in Łódź was the first staff reported during the 31st Final.
The President of the WOŚP Foundation specified that the Orchestra donated “3,370 pieces of equipment with a total value of PLN 85,859,992 and 37 groszy to hospitals and medical facilities in Łódź.” – These 37 groszys are the most beautiful value, because they say that every penny counts, nothing escapes here, there is nothing around – he noted
Owsiak: let’s do everything to ensure that the new one, which came on October 15, takes care of us
– Let’s do everything to ensure that the new one, which came after October 15, takes care of doctors so that they do not leave. It made sure that the nurses had very good working conditions. It took care of us, Poles. So that we receive the best possible care for the money we pay into the National Health Fund – appealed the head of WOŚP.
– What we buy is top-shelf. You support a foundation that buys the best equipment in the world. We said that we wanted to win against sepsis and chase away this evil. We won. We bought all the equipment and it is also in hospitals in Łódź. Sepsis used to be diagnosed in three days. Now these devices allow you to do it in four hours and forty minutes. We save a person’s life because time is of the essence in sepsis – explained Owsiak.
The head of WOŚP expressed hope that “the new Minister of Health, the one in two weeks, the real one” will make sure that “the National Health Fund has money for the use of this equipment, so that hospitals are not afraid to use it” because the signed contracts will run out. With National Health Fund.
Owsiak pointed out that the can prepared for the 32nd Grand Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity “is beautifully varnished and will withstand storms, hurricanes and weather armageddon.” He said the can was durable and “beautifully designed.”
– Poles, be with us. It’s such a beautiful, colorful final day. It is so full of joy and connection rather than division. Even if manna falls from heaven, even if we become the richest country in the world, because something springs up from the ground, let’s not waste this day. He connects us. It is a beautiful, wonderful tradition – he appealed.
– I believe that times will come again when our work will have a concrete impact, nothing will be lost, nothing will be wasted, thrown away, nothing will be built “in honor”, only for our good. That’s what these cans are for, said Owsiak. Then he pressed a button that symbolically set in motion the printing of orchestral cans.
The 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity will take place on January 28, 2024.
Main photo source: PAP/Marian Zubrzycki