6.5 C
London
Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Wroclaw. Police officers shot, a 44-year-old man arrested and charged with attempted murder of two officers

Must read

- Advertisement -


Maksymilian F. was charged with attempted murder of two policemen. The 44-year-old was detained on Saturday morning by Lower Silesian officers. Late on Friday evening, a man attacked two policemen with a gun. As our reporter found out, both of them had gunshot wounds to the head.

On Saturday at 7 p.m., the 44-year-old was taken to the Lower Silesian Branch of the Department of Organized Crime and Corruption of the National Prosecutor’s Office in Wrocław, where he was charged. He left the place after 9 p.m.

After being released, when asked whether he pleaded guilty to the charges and felt guilty, Maksymilian F. replied: – I don’t remember this situation.

The spokesman for the National Prosecutor’s Office, Karol Borchólski, previously announced that the 44-year-old would be charged with attempting to murder two policemen.

- Advertisement -

– The prosecutor will present Maksymilian F. with attempted murder of two policemen, qualified under Article 13, paragraph 1 of the Penal Code in connection with Article 148, paragraph 3 of the Penal Code, said prosecutor Borchólski.

He added that these crimes are punishable by life imprisonment.

The raid ended on Saturday morning

Staff midshipman Łukasz Dutkowiak, press officer of the Provincial Police Headquarters in Wrocław, reported on Saturday morning that the man being chased was caught by Lower Silesian officers after 9 a.m. – The police noticed him and ran after him. He tried to escape, but was overpowered, Dutkowiak said. He added that Maksymilian F. had a gun with him when he was arrested.

He then confirmed that F. was suspected of attempting to murder two policemen. – They are currently in hospital, their condition is serious – Dutkowiak informed.

He emphasized that Maksymilian F. was wanted on an arrest warrant for previous crimes, including fraud. – His being at large was a threat to the life and health of residents, which is why RCB alerts were issued – said the policeman.

Attack on policemen in Wrocław

The incident occurred on Friday at 10:42 p.m. at 90 Sudecka Street in Wrocław. The witness was one of the passers-by. According to unofficial information, shots were heard in the estate and a man ran out of a Hyundai car parked on the street. A police patrol from the Krzyki police station called to the scene approached the parked vehicle, which turned out to be an unmarked police car.

– Police officers who are currently in hospital and a detained man participated in the incident – said staff midshipman Dutkowiak.

– Were the policemen injured in the back while being transported? Did the attack take place in a car? Where did the detainee get the weapon? – journalists present at the press conference asked. The spokesman for the Wrocław provincial headquarters did not want to answer these questions directly.

– At this stage I cannot communicate what our arrangements are. We will determine this on the basis of very carefully collected evidence. The activities lasted all night. We have engaged all possible technical and personnel resources in this case – said the press officer of the Provincial Police Headquarters in Wrocław.

Police: Maksymilian F. was wanted on an arrest warrant. On Friday he was arrested and transported by us TVN24

The police are checking whether the weapon F. had with him at the time of his arrest was the same one used during the incident. When asked whether the detained 44-year-old had a firearms permit, the press officer replied that “it will be checked.” He added that Maksymilian F. would most likely be interrogated on Saturday.

tvn24.pl reporter Artur Węgrzynowicz unofficially determined that both policemen had gunshot wounds to the head. First aid was provided to them very quickly, because an ambulance happened to pass by the scene of the accident. – Rescuers saw policemen from the “patrol unit” pulling two unconscious people out of the car – Węgrzynowicz found out. He added that both attacked policemen had no circulation when they started helping them. – After resuscitation, vital functions returned and a decision was made to transport him to hospital – the tvn24.pl reporter informed.

He was wanted to serve a prison sentence

Staff aspirant Łukasz Dutkowiak said that the policemen in the hospital could not present their version of the incident. – Their families received psychological assistance. This incident shows that the service can be very dangerous – added the spokesman.

The policeman also confirmed the information that the injured policemen were supposed to transport a person wanted to serve a six-month prison sentence to a room for detained persons.

– He was detained and was transported by us. The procedure is always that the detained person is transported to a transit room and from there to a remand center or prison. Maksymilian F. was prosecuted for previous crimes, including fraud, the policeman said.

The manhunt for Maksymilian F.

After the raid began, the Government Security Center issued a statement. Residents of Wrocław and the Wrocław poviat received the alert. “Due to the search for a man suspected of attempted murder, an RCB ALERT was sent to the residents of Wrocław and the Wrocław district,” we read.

“If you meet a suspicious man, be especially careful and call 112. Follow police announcements,” RCB appealed.

Prosecutor’s investigation

The case is being handled by the Wrocław branch of the National Prosecutor’s Office. The police published the image of the wanted man. During the manhunt, the police offered a reward for helping to capture Maksymilian F.

“In connection with the shooting of two policemen in Wrocław, whose condition is very serious, the Chief Commander of the Police is on site in Wrocław and supervising the activities, who has announced a reward of PLN 100,000 for indicating the whereabouts of Maksymilian F.” – said the press spokesman of the Police Headquarters, Insp. Mariusz Ciarka.

After the capture of Maksymilian F., the Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration, Paweł Głosernaker, commented on the matter on social media.

“Our thoughts are with the seriously injured Polish Police officers who are fighting for their lives in the hospital. Their families are provided with all possible support. The Ministry of Interior and Administration and the Polish State will always stand behind the service officers who, risking their lives, defend the safety of Poles,” wrote the minister.

Author:mm, pp, bż/ft, adso, b

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article