Here, the principle of “quality will be” and some bezholowie worked. Without obvious concern for the health and life of residents – said the New Left MP Anita Kucharska-Dziedzic on Saturday evening, who repeatedly dealt with the matter of the chemical landfill in Zielona Góra Przylep. Talking about her visits to the fire site, the TVN24 interlocutor reported that she “vomited after the cat”.
On Saturday evening, TVN24 reporter Łukasz Wieczorek talked about a burning chemical dump in Przylepaa district of Zielona Góra, with Anita Kucharska-Dziedzic, MP of the New Left, who dealt with this topic as an activist and councilor of Zielona Góra.
Kucharska-Dziedzic: the principle of “quality will be” worked
As the MP said, “WIOŚ (Voivodeship Inspectorate for Environmental Protection) stated that there were deficiencies in the documentation of the Avignon company, what it really stored there and it could not be fully determined”. “They were corroded barrels stacked on top of each other,” she said.
– When we went there, we saw sick animals hanging around there. People complained that they felt sick – the MP told about her visits to the site of the current fire. – We ourselves, after we went with the camera around this hall, I was the one who vomited like a cat, so it really smelled there and it smelled so that it actually affected people – she added.
At the same time, she added that this place “is off the beaten track, far beyond the train station”. – There are only production halls, so it was not really noticeable to people, so it just happened. And no one from the authorities who should have cared about it. We have a tragedy today.
– I believe that in a situation where we do not know what is burning, and we certainly have a report that was carried out at the expense of the city, in which it is clearly stated that this is toxic, explosive waste, lying next to waste that can increase the scale of the fire, it will really have a bad impact on people. The fact that what is there is a threat to human health and life is also in this operation. The city is aware that things are on fire that can threaten people’s health and lives – said the MP.
– Here the principle of “quality will be” and some bezholowie worked. Without obvious concern for the health and life of residents, she said.
Chemical warehouse fire
A hall is burning in Przylepa in Zielona Górawhere hazardous substances were stored. Marshal of the Lubuskie Voivodeship Elżbieta Polak emphasized that it is a very large warehouse of hazardous waste. – Nobody knows what is there, it all looks very dramatic, a very big threat – she said on TVN24. She assured that hospitals are on standby, the ambulance service is also strengthened, and two ambulance teams are available.
– The mayor of the city has prepared places for evacuation, the provincial government is also helping. We offer our seats – assured the Marshal of Lubuskie on TVN24.
According to firefighters, there were about five thousand cubic meters of stored material in the hall. Not all substances are identified.
Main photo source: TVN24