The chairwoman of the Sentebale charity organization responds to the decision of the patron of the Foundation, Prince Harry. Last week he issued a statement in which he gave up his function in the organization. Now Dr. Sophie Chandauka speaks in an interview with “an example of harassment and intimidation.”
Sentebale is a charity organization, which Prince Harry founded in 2006, together with a representative of the royal family from Lesotho, Prince Seeiso. Foundation, founded in tribute to the prince's mother – Princess Diana – For years he has been taking care of children threatened with poverty and orphaned for AIDS. According to the BBC, It was extremely important for Harry And it was an important part of his adult life. Charges of the Foundation Prince He even invited to his wedding with Meghan Markle.
Last week, Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso announced that “with a heavy heart” they give up their functions in Sentebale. “It is devastating that the relations between the trusteers of the charity organization and the chairwoman of the board (Dr. Sophie Chanduka – ed.) Have been completely destroyed, creating an impossible situation – they said, cited by the BBC. and Wales), “regarding how it happened”. Charity Commission herself said that she was “aware of concern” about managing Sentebale. “We evaluate problems to determine the appropriate steps” – quotes this body of the BBC.
See also: “Monumental victory” of Prince Harry with the media of Rupert Murdoch
Chief of Sentebale with the prince's “PR machine”
The head of the Foundation on the last Sunday was a guest of the “Sky Sunday Morning with Trevor Phillips” program at the British Sky News information station. Dr. Chandauka talked about launching the “PR machine” against her after the prince left the organization. – The only reason I am here … For some reason, Prince Harry allowed the revealing of the destructive news to the world without informing me, my national directors or my executive director – she said. – Can you imagine how this attack affected me and 540 people and their families in the Sentebale organization? she added. Chandauka – as Sky News writes – she called it “an example of harassment and intimidation.”
Dr. Chandauka claims that in her work in Sentebale “she was guided by the principles of honesty and equal treatment of everyone,” writes the BBC. In the conversation with The Financial Times, Dr. Chandauka said that the first tensions with the prince appeared a year ago. She claimed that the organization's activities were influenced by the controversy combined with Harry, including his move to USA. She also stated that the prince's team asked her to defend his wife, Meghan, against a negative public opinion. “I said no. We are not going to create a precedent through which we will become an extension of the PR machine (Princess) Sussex” – quotes the BBC.
The source cited by Sky similar to former members of the Sentebale board defines Dr. Chanduki's claims as “completely unfounded”.
Author/author: jjk // am
Source: Sky News, BBC
Source of the main photo: Wiktor Szymanowicz /anadol/abacapress.com/Pap