11.2 C
London
Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Cloud 2030: Capturing Poland’s Potential for Accelerated Digital Growth

Must read

- Advertisement -

To start with, Poland considered the digital economy as its new growth driver at the beginning of the 21 century. In the next decade up to 2020, the clouds became a critical factor in Poland’s turning into one of the Digital Challengers in the post-COVID-19 world. Currently, the rate of cloud adoption in Poland is about 14 times slower than the value represented by the Northern European digital frontrunners. Likewise, it is 1.5 times less than the value for Eastern Europe.

On December 1st, 2021, AmCham, inspired by the success of Poland in cloud solutions from 2016 to 2020, hosted McKinsey & Company with a report on the current situation with cloud technology potential in Poland. 

The represented analysis states the impact of the complete adoption of cloud technology by Polish entrepreneurship and public institutions. It expects that the generated funds will constitute 4% of Poland’s annual GDP by 2030. The latter means €27 billion. Besides, 82% is anticipated from newcomers and innovations in digital aspects. That refers to models built to implement the best cloud architecture solutions. Improvements will lead the other 18% in existing businesses. That is about shortening downtime, process automation, and lower expenses.

The members of the group who researched the topic of Poland’s potential are Tomasz Marciniak, Managing Partner at McKinsey Poland; Borys Pastusiak, Local Partner and Ewa Granosik, Associate. First, they made conclusions on the possible acceleration in digital growth. Then, Tony Housh, the Chairman of AmCham, led the conversation with the main focus on risks and benefits resulting from Polish companies selecting cloud adoption. 

According to the report, Poland possesses a robust infrastructure and technical stacks to go further with cloud transformation. The biggest challenges refer to the absence of sufficient awareness of the advantages of clouds. People are uncertain and hesitant about data protection, gaining the required skills, and IT specialists. Yet, Poland has all the options to grow the digital economy and will be a direct beneficiary of that movement. Thus, the threefold list of what should Polish people do to go forward with the cloud is below:

  • Government has to support cloud technology adoption – they should be the first to implement cloud-based services in local public-sector institutions. That action will facilitate others: merchants, businesses, and branch workers.
  • Promote the new opportunities suggested to organizations by migration to clouds. Reveal the value that clouds may bring and create a cloud strategy to follow. That will foster innovations and optimize funds and capabilities.
  • Teach people in different fields of occupation to get basic skills to work with cloud-native services and businesses. The more a person understands, the less they are afraid of upcoming changes.

Without performing those mentioned above, that is challenging for a company to leap to the cloud. The promises of future growing income do not help when a business counts the amount of investment to give for the migration of an app to the cloud.

- Advertisement -

Alternatively, you can opt for a business analysis service from IT outsourcing companies to perform in-depth research. With the proper support, businesses may overcome this by suggesting better-optimized solutions.

After the superficial study, that app development cost becomes the main reason to leave things as they are. However, it is possible to learn new approaches. In order to plan your budget, it is necessary to figure out the project budget. To understand app development cost and its forming factors, follow the link here – https://mlsdev.com/blog/app-development-cost.

Overcoming these real or imaginary barriers will require joint action by policymakers, businesses, and regular individuals. That is a positive conclusion as there is much work to do. However, that goal is possible, and Polish cloud-based businesses will thrive!

Author’s bio: Olena Podkopaieva is a technology writer at MLSDev, a software development company that builds web & mobile app solutions from scratch. She researches the area of technology to create great content about app development, UX/UI design, tech & business consulting.

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article