Source: Reuters Archive
US President Donald Trump threatened Iran with bombings and customs duties, if Tehran did not conclude a contract with Washington on a nuclear program. “It will be a bombing that has never been seen before,” Trump warned in an interview with NBC television.
In a Sunday telephone interview, Donald Trump said that US officials and Iran They are still talking about the atomic program.
– If (Iranians – ed.) Do not conclude a contract, bombing occurs. It will be a bombing that has never been seen before – warned Trump.
The US President also threatened Iran with “secondary duties” – the imposition of duties on countries buying oil from Iran.
Source: Abedin Taherkenareh/PAP/EPA
In mid -March, Trump sent a letter to the Iranian authorities with a negotiations on the new nuclear agreement. He was to give the Iran authorities to make a decision and threaten that in the event of rejection of this proposal United States The sanctions that Trump imposed at the beginning of February as part of the “maximum pressure” campaign on Iran.
Iran's answer to Trump's letter
Iran rejected direct negotiations with the United States about his nuclear program – Iranian President Masud Pezeszkian said on Sunday in response to the letter of US President Donald Trump in this matter.
Pezeszkian pointed out that Iran's response, passed through Oman, leaves an open possibility of indirect conversations with Washington. Such conversations, however, did not lead to any progress, since Trump during his first term in 2018 unilaterally withdrew from the Nuclear Agreement of 2015 between Iran and World Powers.
– we don't avoid conversations; So far, breaking promises is a problem for us. (Americans) must prove that they can build trust, 'said Pezeszkian at a government meeting.
Last Sunday, the Minister of Foreign Affairs Iran Abbas Aragczi announced that his country “does not oppose” talks with the United States. However, he made it clear that negotiations would not be able to take place until Washington changed his approach to Tehran.
Nuclear agreement
In 2015, Iran concluded an agreement with the United States, Russia, China, Great Britain, France and Germany and agreed to limit his nuclear program in exchange for the abolition of international sanctions.
In 2018, Donald Trump, a year after the start of his first term as president of the USA, withdrew from this agreement. Tehran warned the agreement for another year, after which he began to withdraw from his obligations.
On the one hand, he has signaled the exacerbation of the course against Iran, from the one hand again, among others By further limiting the possibilities of exporting Iranian oil, and in the other hand he publicly spoke about the need for negotiations and expressed hope of taking them by the Iranian side several times.
Source: PAP
Author/author: TAS/DAP
Source: PAP, Reuters
Source of the main photo: ATM Monemul Haque/Shutterstock