23.5 C
London
Friday, June 21, 2024

Trzebinia. A sinkhole at the cemetery in Trzebinia. The families of the dead go to court

Must read

- Advertisement -


Families of people whose tombstones were swallowed by a sinkhole at the cemetery in Trzebinia (Małopolskie Voivodeship) will fight in court for compensation for the lost monuments. They also want compensation for not being able to visit the graves of loved ones. The sinkhole in the cemetery was created in September last year.

The sinkhole engulfed 40 tombstones, a total of 61 bodies. The families of the deceased – 40 in total – are divided into several groups. One of them, which consists of 11 people and has a common attorney, decided to go to court. – They want compensation for what happened last year at the cemetery in Trzebinia, for lost monuments and compensation for not being able to visit the graves of their loved ones because they are simply not there – TVN24 reporter Jerzy Korczyński told TVN24.

– For these people these are huge emotions and stress. The law provides for such a claim, Maciej Czajkowski, a legal advisor who represents 11 affected families, noted in an interview with TVN24 reporter.

He added that his clients did not intend to waive their right to redress.

- Advertisement -

Trzebinia. A sinkhole in the cemetery, the families of the dead file lawsuits, they want compensation TVN24

Marek Wesoły, deputy head of the Ministry of State Assets, to whom Spółka Restrukturownictwa Kopalń is subordinated, when asked by a TVN reporter about unauthorized construction at the cemetery, which was to be committed by the curia in the place where the sinkhole occurred and its possible responsibility for this event, he replied that “this is not the first time when someone crossed the line during construction” and that “it needs to be regulated”.

Trzebinia.  Marek Wesoły, Deputy Minister of State Assets, about the sinkhole in the cemetery and unauthorized construction

Trzebinia. Marek Wesoły, Deputy Minister of State Assets, about the sinkhole in the cemetery and unauthorized construction TVN24

SEE ON TVN24 GO: Trzebinia. Dangerous ground >>>

The sinkhole in TrzebiniaTVN24

They surveyed the area with georadar

On Thursday (June 29), georadar surveys were carried out at the cemetery and the northern part of the allotment gardens in Trzebinia. The equipment was to help determine the structure of the land due to the sinkholes appearing in this city.

According to Spółka Restrukturownictwa Kopalń, the research is carried out using one of the three georadars available in Poland. The equipment is to check the structure of the soil in the cemetery and the northern part of the allotment gardens, over a three-kilometre route.

“The cemetery area has so far been examined in the area of ​​a large sinkhole and on large alleys. Now it will be examined in its entirety, also between the alleys, so that everything is verified to have a picture of the whole” – said Mariusz Tomalik, spokesman for SRK, announcing the research.

Georadar will also appear on the northern part of the allotment gardens, which has not been previously explored and accessible to residents, where, according to the findings, no mining was carried out. “The southern part of the gardens is closed, but the northern one is not, so we want to verify in detail whether it is safe” – added Tomalik.

Read too 38 places “potentially at risk of sinkholes” near roads and buildings in Trzebinia

Trzebinia.  At the cemetery, they surveyed the ground with a ground-penetrating radar

Trzebinia. At the cemetery, they surveyed the ground with a ground-penetrating radarTVN24

On June 20, SRK informed that the areas of, among others, Primary School No. 5 at ul. Jana III Sobieski and EDISON Private Primary School at ul. Grunwaldzka, where microgravimetric tests were carried out in April and May.

Read also: Trzebinia. They want to close the school because of the sinkholes. Reaction of the Mine Restructuring Company

The problem of sinkholes in Trzebinia

The post-mining damage is caused by the former “Siersza” hard coal mine, operating in this town since the mid-nineteenth century. In the years 1999-2001 the mine closed down. At the beginning, the exploitation was shallow, at a depth of 20-25 meters. Then the underground passages went lower and lower. The liquidators assumed that the voids left after exploitation would be filled with water. Over time, the water began to come closer and closer to the surface of the earth.

According to data provided in April by the Chief National Geologist, Piotr Dziadzia, in Trzebinia there are a total of 481 places at risk of sinkholes. 38 is located in close proximity to buildings – this buffer zone has a border of 20 meters.

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article