A pregnant woman and two children were injured in an explosion in a single-family house in Pokrzywnica near Starachowice (Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship). According to firefighters, the explosion occurred in the fireplace.
Firefighters received information about the accident before 2 p.m. on Saturday. According to senior captain Marcin Bajur, press officer of the Świętokrzyskie fire brigade, in one of the houses in Pokrzywnica in the Pawłów commune, there was an explosion in the fireplace as a result of the accumulated pressure in the chimney flue.
There were seven people in the building
There were seven people in the house at the time of the explosion; they left before rescuers arrived. Three people were injured in the incident – two children and a pregnant woman; the injured suffered burns.
– They were provided with medical assistance by firefighters. The woman was transported to the hospital, the children did not have to be hospitalized, Bajur told us. According to a firefighter, the force of the explosion was so great that the entrance door to the building was torn off. The wall around the fireplace is also damaged.
Six fire brigades worked on site. – Our actions have already ended – Bajur added.
Main photo source: KW PSP in Kielce