In the Third Way coalition agreement, which was reached by a reporter from the magazine “Polski i Świat” on TVN24, it was indicated that Polska 2050 and the Polish People’s Party “go to elections with their programs”, but at the same time they developed a list of six issues, the implementation of which will be “a priority within the government they co-create.” These include: the removal of political appointees from companies and offices, a referendum on the admissibility of abortion, tax simplification and the implementation of the green transformation.
President of PSL Władysław-Kosiniak-Kamysz and president of Poland 2050 Simon Holownia announced on August 9 the signing of an agreement on the Third Way Coalition Electoral Committee. On Thursday, Third Way politicians filed a PKW notification on the establishment of the Coalition Election Committee.
Reporter of the magazine “Polska i Świat” Maciej Warsiński reached the content of the Third Way coalition agreement. In the agreement on the establishment of an election coalition between PSL and Poland 2050, Szymon Hołownia indicated that the parties forming the coalition would receive 50 percent of the state budget subsidy for statutory activities.
As we read in the agreement, the parties agreed that they “define the detailed rules for the operation of the Coalition Election Committee in a separate, open agreement signed in parallel with this agreement.”
List of common matters
The first part of the agreement on “detailed rules for the operation of the Coalition Electoral Committee Third Way Poland 2050 by Szymon Hołownia – Polish People’s Party” is devoted to “programmatic cooperation – a list of common issues”.
“Poland 2050 by Szymon Hołownia and the Polish People’s Party are going to elections with your programs. At the same time, we have developed a list of matters whose settlement we consider crucial for the well-being of Polish women and men. These are strategic reforms that will determine Poland’s strength and the quality of life of each and every one of us” – it was written in the agreement.
“Poland 2050 by Szymona Hołownia and Polskie Stronnictwo pledge that the implementation of these six issues will be a priority within the government they co-create” – added.
Here are six key points for the Third Way:
1. “We will remove political appointees from companies and offices – we will replace them with professionals.”
2. “We will give voice to citizens and citizens – we will open Parliament for them. We will hold a referendum on the admissibility of abortion.”
3. “We will ensure competitive wages in education, health care, social assistance and all public service.”
4. “We will change the school curriculum so that schools teach things needed in the modern world and give young people a good start in life.”
5. “We will carry out the green transformation, strengthen the financial independence of local governments, and ensure food security for Poles.”
6. “We will simplify taxes. We will guarantee stable operating conditions for Polish entrepreneurs.”
The agreement states that “the parties agree that each of them undertakes to provide 50% of candidates for deputies on the joint list of the Coalition Election Committee in elections to the Sejm of the Republic of Poland (i.e. 460 people each)”.
Main photo source: PAP/Pawel Supernak