A discussion took place between the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the Sejm on the 2023 budget. Szymon Hołownia asked directly: “Mr. Prime Minister, where is the budget?” Mateusz Morawiecki assured that “it will be sent to parliament by the government that will obtain a majority in the near future.” – So next week’s budget. I am very happy with this declaration, said Hołownia.
Morawiecki went to the parliamentary rostrum after 17.30 and talked about how the government PIS cares about citizens. Among his activities, he mentioned the project on credit holidays, the so-called energy shield for companies and announced that he had decided that the regulation on zero VAT on food would be signed on Friday or Saturday.
He stated that the Parliament is delaying work on these projects because there is a “freezer” in the Sejm.
A week ago – November 28 – after a similar speech by Morawieckiwhen the Prime Minister claimed that PiS projects were stuck in the “parliament freezer”, Szymon Hołownia he pointed out that the Sejm had not met since August, because PiS had decided so, and the work of the parliament was then managed by the speaker Elżbieta Witek. That is why now many projects are carried out by parties that are still formally oppositional, but have an afterthought elections majority in the Sejm, they are working on it as quickly as possible to make up for the arrears caused by PiS.
Hołownia commented similarly on the Prime Minister’s repeated statements about the “freezer” on Thursday.
Project on credit holidays submitted to the committee
– I am happy about this regulation and this declaration, because it is viewed by millions of Poles. I will answer the questions you raised, those addressed to me, said the Marshal, referring to zero VAT and Morawiecki’s words.
He added that if the Prime Minister asks questions to the Speaker of the Sejm, “it is within the canon to try to answer.”
The Marshal emphasized that the project regarding credit holidays had been referred to the committee. – The Commission informed that it would wait for the new government, i.e. about a hundred hours from now – noted Hołownia.
Hołownia: Mr Prime Minister, where is the budget?
– Regarding your freezing project energy prices, was rejected by the High House (…) and a parliamentary bill is currently being processed. It is not that we are in danger in this matter, emphasized the Marshal of the Sejm.
– Mr. Prime Minister, as the Speaker of the Sejm, please allow me to ask a question that I have already asked three times: where is the budget? – he turned directly to Morawiecki Hołownia.
– The budget will be sent to parliament by the government that obtains a majority in the near future. Please don’t worry, Mr. Speaker. The budget is very well managed, the Prime Minister told him. He added that the budget includes very well planned income and expenses. – Zero VAT on food will easily fit into this budget – he noted.
– So next week’s budget. I am very happy with this declaration – Hołownia reacted to these words.
Main photo source: PAP/Tomasz Gzell