It led to a very dangerous situation, which could have ended tragically if the interrupted network simply had tension in it – said Piotr Zgorzelski (PSL) Deputy Speaker of the Sejm in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24. He referred to the incident involving the police Black Hawk during a picnic in Sarnowa Góra. Member of the Civic Coalition Hanna Gill-Piątek stressed that “a helicopter is not a gadget that can be rented for an election picnic”.
The incident involving the police Black Hawk took place on Sunday during a picnic organized by the Sońsk Commune Office on the occasion of the 103rd anniversary of the Battle of Sarnowa Góra near Ciechanów in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship. The picnic was attended by, among others, the deputy minister of internal affairs and administration Maciej Wasik.
According to local media, the police Black Hawk – intended to be the main attraction of the picnic – did not take off immediately after taking off, but circled and returned to the event site. As it was moving over the picnic area, it snapped a power line. The prosecutor’s office launched an investigation.
Zgorzelski: another example of what is happening in the Ministry of Interior and Administration, the border service and the army
Deputy Speaker of the Sejm Piotr Zgorzelski (PSL) assessed on Monday in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24, he said that picnics with the participation of PiS politicians “are brazen campaigning, creating further advantages, which are already many, just to win these elections dishonestly.”
He added that this picnic is a good example of that. – Here, not only the deputy minister of internal affairs, but above all the deputy of this land, Mr. Maciej Wąsik, who will certainly also want to seek re-election, probably gave his fellow citizens such an attraction, which could have ended tragically, because this helicopter flew too low, secondly, without any rules and probably consents – said Zgorzelski. He noted that this is being investigated by the prosecutor’s office, but as he added “knowing what kind of prosecutor’s office we have, it will probably investigate, investigate and investigate.”
– But it also led to a very dangerous situation, which could have ended tragically, if this interrupted network simply had tension in it – he added.
– In general, this is another example of what is happening not only in the Ministry of the Interior, in the border service, but also in the army. Today we are dealing with politicization, or an attempt to politicize the army, he assessed.
Zgorzelski addresses the generals
Zgorzelski brought the constitution with him. – There is Article 26 here. Its second paragraph reads: “The armed forces shall remain neutral in political matters” (…) I am addressing the generals. Gentlemen generals. There is a copy of the constitution in my office for each of you. You will receive it in order to read this Article 26,’ he said.
1. The Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland serve to protect the independence of the state and the indivisibility of its territory, and to ensure the security and inviolability of its borders. 2. The Armed Forces shall remain neutral in political matters and shall be subject to civilian and democratic control.
– Soldiers say that they do not want to be used as scenery for political speeches, as was the case in Uniejów, where the president (Jaroslaw Kaczynski he talked almost nothing about the army, he talked about politics, and there were soldiers behind him, he added.
– In 2019, in Australia, but the politician allowed himself to make such a speech. A general or officer approached him. He told him, dear politician, you don’t do politics in the army. And the officers came down, and he went down. We expect such standards. Maybe it will be enough for the generals who are responsible for the soldiers to read this one sentence – said the deputy marshal.
Gill-Friday: The question is whether the government has completely lost touch with reality
Member of the Civic Coalition, Hanna Gill-Piątek, said that “unfortunately, this is a symptom of a broader syndrome that causes politicization, i.e. treating the army as a shop with gadgets”.
– This has already been seen in recent years, as the Minister (Mr.Mariusz) Blaszczak he likes to be photographed against the background of soldiers, equipment, the wall, in various jackets, in various entourages. This is not what building the country’s defense potential is all about, she added.
She emphasized that “there are certain places and certain conventions (…) such as a military parade where everyone watches this equipment, it is in controlled conditions, we all know what is going on.”
– But a helicopter is not a gadget that can be rented for an election picnic – noted the MP. Because these are election picnics. Since such a picnic, as determined by OKO.press, costs from 200 to 300 thousand (PLN), and there are a lot of such picnics in Poland, how much will we spend on it from the budget? This is the first question. The second question, since the security of the participants is actually violated and situations like this, is whether the government has completely lost touch with reality, she said.
Main photo source: TVN24